CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Someone You Should Meet


I am fortunate enough to have met and become friends with a very sweet and kind hearted woman named Ana. Not only is she sweet and kind hearted and all that special stuff BUT she is an artist who absolutely amazes me with her skills. She makes gorgeous doll hats...okay I will be honest, when we first met I knew she was talented because her doll hats are pretty beyond words, but I thought she was a decorating genius. I pictured a box of hats coming to Ana's house and her decorating each one lovingly....WELL....I was right , she is a decorating genius, but when talking to Ana one day, I sat there in Amazement as she described the process of how she makes the hats from SCRATCH, rolling the genuine horsehair, using a mold.... I knew then I had to share her with y'all.


Name~ Ana Llechu
shop website~50's Doll Designs
blog website~Ana's Doll Designs Blog

1. What kind of handmade items do you sell in your etsy shop?
Dolls Hats & Accessories for a Large variety of Vintage Dolls and some new ones.

2. Explain your craft/art for people who may not be familiar with it?
First I start with very vintage straw from Switzerland, then I choose the style of the hat, then the creation starts, making a hat takes me anywhere from one to two hours and after I finish creating the hat with the straw you have to let it sit for 24 hours to dry, then I start with the decoration process which also takes me an hour or two, that also requires another 6 to 8 hours to settle and dry.

3. What is your favorite part of the creative process?
The decorating creativity, I love mixing flowers & ribbons to create a unique look.
4. If you have to pick one item in your shop as your Favorite which one would it be? This is a hard one, I love all my items, lot's of Love and creation is put into every single detail, but I choose as my favorite

5. Where do you hope to see your etsy shop in 1 yr?
With lot's of happy and satisfied customers

6. Is etsy the only place people can find you online?
I also sell on eBay
& Bonanzle

Thanks Ana for letting us have a little peek into your creative process! Hope everyone heads and checks out Ana's Sites- PROMISE you will not be disappointed!


2 comments:

Cinderella Moments

Great hats! Lucky you for having such a talented friend!

craftyGAgal "Meredith"

Yes I am more than lucky to have Ana as a friend, I consider myself blessed! Thanks for coming by!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails